Admission to the Sports Business Classroom Business of Basketball Program in no way guarantees attendees a job in the NBA.
Yes. You would need to sign up for the Business of Basketball program and choose the NBA Salary Cap as your program emphasis.
The price of attending the 2017 Sports Business Classroom Business of Basketball program includes:
- Access to the Sports Business Classroom classes and training sessions
- Credential access to six (6) days of Las Vegas Summer League
- Access to the exclusive Sports Business Classroom seating section at the Las Vegas Summer League
- Six (6) nights hotel accommodations at the Palms Hotel
- Daily transfers from hotel to training facilities (Thomas & Mack Center / Cox Pavilion)
- Access to the exclusive St. Jude Table Tennis Challenge
- Access to the exclusive Summer League Enrichment Program
- Lunch and Dinner each day
Yes, the applicant is responsible for their own airfare.
Yes, subject to space limitations. We recognize that some people might get through the GE portion of the program, get really interested in another emphasis, and want to change majors. We have a limited ability to accommodate this. If you would like to change majors before the program starts, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to discuss. If you would like to change majors after the program has started, please discuss with the SBC instructors. While we will do our best to accommodate your needs, all requests to change majors are subject to approval by SBC.
No, we will arrange for daily transfers to and from your hotel to the training facilities.
Content is delivered in various formats in order to maximize learning opportunities, effectively deliver a wide variety of content, and provide students with direct access to some of the best minds in the business.
The 2017 Sports Business Classroom content formats are:
- Lectures: One-hour, instructor-led GE sessions. Each topic has three lecture sections – 101, 201 and 301.
- Roundtables: One-hour moderator-led panel discussions with industry experts. Each topic will have its own roundtable.
- Practicums: Hands-on exercises in specific topics. For example, the Salary Cap practicum will simulate a mock trade deadline, and the Job Hunting practicum will match students with prospective employers in a “speed dating” format. Practicums are 2.5 hours.
- Deep Dives: Here’s where you really get into your chosen major. SBC will provide three deep dive sessions that are three hours each. The content and format will vary by major:
- League Salary Cap: Larry Coon’s extensive lecture series on the NBA’s Collective Bargaining Agreement. This is the same content he teaches directly to NBA teams. You will be learning elbow-to-elbow with industry personnel who are taking this series as the Executive Session.
- Scouting, Video and Analytics: Work in small groups directly with league personnel as they take you through their work processes as part of the NBA Summer League.
- Social Media and Digital Branding: Work directly with a Summer League player to help build his digital brand.
- Broadcast: Intern with Turner as they broadcast the NBA Summer League.
- Guest Speakers: Grab lunch and sit back while an NBA coach or executive talks about his or her personal experience and what it takes to succeed in this business.
SPORTS BUSINESS CLASSROOM REFUND POLICY
Students cancelling their registration or dropped for failing to make a scheduled payment will be refunded as follows:
Before May 1: All but $50 of tuition; full refund for extended hotel days
May 1 to May 31: 75% of the full tuition; full refund for extended hotel days
June 1 to June 30: 50% of the full tuition; full refund for extended hotel days
July 1 to July 5: No refund for SBC program; full refund for extended hotel days
July 6 and later: No refunds
In the case of certain unplanned events, such as the death of an immediate family member, hospitalization of the applicant, or jury duty, the Sports Business Classroom will issue a full refund once documentation is received.
Once we receive your cover letter and resume, you will be charged the $25 application fee. You will receive an email with a receipt of charge attached.
Due to the amount of applicants there is no guaranteed response time from the date of your registration. If you have an urgent question regarding your acceptance please contact us at 949-757-4242 or email@example.com.
Depending on your choice of payment, one lump sum or installments, you will be charged a few days after you receive your acceptance letter. For more payment information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 949-757-4242.
The only discounts we provide are for locals of Las Vegas, NV. The cost of the program for locals is $2500.00.
Unfortunately, there are no scholarships offered at this time.
No, you can apply for one section only.
No, this program is geared towards a variety of individuals: College students, college graduates and individuals who have been out of college for a few years wanting to work in this business but just don’t know how.
Sports Business Classroom strives to create an educational environment in which all participants feel safe and welcome. We encourage open and spirited discussion in a collegial atmosphere so that everyone can enjoy an optimal educational and intellectual experience. We expect all participants to refrain from speech or behavior that is disruptive, threatening, endangering, harassing or illegal, or speech that is racist, sexist or similarly offensive. We reserve the right to take whatever measures deemed, at the sole discretion of Sports Business Classroom management, necessary and appropriate to enforce this Code of Conduct, including revoking a student’s enrollment in Sports Business Classroom without a refund.