Content is delivered in various formats in order to maximize learning opportunities, effectively deliver a wide variety of content, and provide students with direct access to some of the best minds in the business.
The 2019 Sports Business Classroom content formats are:
- Lectures: One-hour, instructor-led GE sessions. Each topic has multiple lecture sections – e.g: 101, 201.
- Roundtables: One-hour moderator-led panel discussions with industry experts.
- Practicums: Hands-on exercises in specific topics. For example, the Salary Cap practicum will simulate a mock trade deadline, and the Analytics practicum will provide students with a direct opportunity to build a case with data.
- Deep Dives: Here’s where you really get into your chosen major. SBC will provide three deep dive sessions that are three hours each. The content and format will vary by major:
- League Salary Cap: Larry Coon’s extensive lecture series on the NBA’s Collective Bargaining Agreement. This is based on the same content he teaches directly to NBA teams. You will be learning elbow-to-elbow with industry personnel who are taking this series as the Executive Session.
- Scouting, Video and Analytics: Work in small groups directly with scouting and video personnel as they take you through their work processes as part of the Las Vegas Summer League.
- Guest Speakers: Grab lunch and sit back while an NBA coach or executive talks about his or her personal experience and what it takes to succeed in this business.
Sports Business Classroom provides the best of all worlds – a rich learning environment, direct access to top industry executives, and immersion in the best setting imaginable – the Las Vegas Summer League. Opportunities for Sports Business Classroom students include:
- Learn from the best in the business, in areas where job opportunities exist
- Obtain credential access to seven (7) days of the Las Vegas Summer League and exclusive events not open to the public
- Direct access to and networking with league executives and personnel
- The top performers from Sports Business Classroom will be offered the opportunity to work with the program at the following Las Vegas Summer League
- Hands-on experience in areas such as scouting, video, broadcasting and social media
- Interview opportunities with prospective employers
- Immersion in the Las Vegas Summer League
- An SBC-Only seating section reserved for SBC students
- BONUS: Placement on the exclusive Vegas Summer League Talent profile website – accessed exclusively by sports business executives looking for job candidates
- Individuals who want to pursue their dream of working in sports
- Students and recent graduates who are looking for an opportunity in sports & want to prove they have what it takes
- Current sports industry professionals who want to expand upon their existing skillset
- Individuals who have a passion for learning & growth
- People with careers in other areas who are contemplating a career change to work in sports